1. Plant lipid metabolism;
2. Cell signaling transduction;
3. Plant abiotic stress response.
1985.09-1989.07, B.S. Agronomy, Fujian Agriculture and Forestry University, Fuzhou, Fujian, China
2002.01-2004.12, M.S. Genetics, Kansas State University, Manhattan, Kansas, U.S.A.
2005.01-2007.05, Ph.D. Cellular and Molecular Biology, University of Missouri-St. Louis, Missouri, U.S.A.
2008-Now, professor, Huazhong Agricultural University, Hubei, China.
1999-2008, associate principal investigator, Fujian Academy of Agricultural Sciences, Fujian, China.
2001.02-12, visiting scholar, Biochemistry, Kansas State University, Kansas, U.S.A.
1995-1999, assistant principal investigator, Fujian Academy of Agricultural Sciences, Fujian, China.
1989-1995, research assistant, Fujian Academy of Agricultural Sciences, Fujian, China.
1. Shen Q, Zhan X, Yang P, Li J, Chen J, Tang B, Wang X, Hong Y*. (2019). Dual activities of plant cGMP-dependent protein kinase and its roles in gibberellin signaling and salt stress. Plant Cell. 31: 3073-3091
2. Zhan X, Shen Q, Chen J, Yang P, Wang X, Hong Y*. (2019). Rice sulfoquinovosyltransferase SQD2.1 mediates flavonoid glycosylation and enhances tolerance to osmotic stress. Plant Cell Environ. 42: 2215-2230
3. Yuan S, Kim SC, Deng X, Hong Y*, Wang X*. (2019). Diacylglycerol kinase and associated lipid mediators modulate rice root architecture. New Phytol. 223: 261-276
4. Deng X, Yuan S, Cao H, Lam SM, Shui G, Hong Y*, Wang X*. (2019). Phosphatidylinositol-hydrolyzing phospholipase C4 modulates rice response to salt and drought. Plant Cell Environ. 42: 536-548
5. Hong Y, Yuan S, Sun L, Wang X, Hong Y*. (2018). Cytidinediphosphate- diacylglycerol synthase 5 is required for phospholipid homeostasis and is negatively involved in hyperosmotic stress tolerance. Plant J. 94: 1038-1050
6. Hong Y#*, Zhao J#*, Guo L, Kim SC, Deng X, Wang G, Zhang G, Li M, Wang X*. (2016). Plant phospholipases D and C and their diverse functions in stress responses. Prog Lipid Res. 62: 55-74
7. Liu G, Zhang K, Ai J, Deng X, Hong Y*, Wang X*. (2015). Patatin-related phospholipase A, pPLAIIIα, modulates the longitudinal growth of vegetative tissues and seeds in rice. J Exp Bot. 66: 6945-6955
8. Lu S, Bahn SC, Qu G, Qin H, Hong Y, Xu Q, Zhou Y, Hong Y*, Wang X*. (2013). Increased expression of phospholipase Dα1 in guard cells decreases water loss with improved seed production under drought in Brassica napus. Plant Biotechnol J. 11: 380-389
9. Hong Y*, Zhang W, Wang X*. (2010). Phospholipase D and phosphatidic acid signaling in plant response to drought and salinity. Plant Cell Environ. 33: 627-635
10. Hong Y, Devaiah SP, Bahn SC, Thamasandra BN, Li M, Welti R, Wang X*. (2009). Phospholipase De and phosphatidic acid enhance Arabidopsis nitrogen signaling and growth. Plant J. 58: 376-387
11. Hong Y, Pan X, Welti R, Wang X*. (2008). Phospholipase Da3 is involved in the hyperosmotic response in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 20: 803-816
12. Hong Y, Zheng S, Wang X*. (2008). Dual functions of phospholipase Da1 in plant response to drought. Mol Plant. 1: 262-269