Crucial genes controlling cell shape, cell division or cycle;
2003–2008 Ph.D. program in Molecular biology
Institute of Applied Ecology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shenyang China
2000–2003 M.S. in Environmental microbiology
College of Resources and Environment, Southwest University, Chongqing, China;
1994–1998 B.S. in Food science and engineering
Food Science and Technology College, Hunan Agricultural University, Changsha, China;
Huazhong Agricultural University, Assistant professor (Apr. 2008 - present)
(i) Cloned, expressed and purified the intein-deleted protein of M. tuberculosis DnaB (MtbDnaB). Investigated the activity characteristics of this helicase. Determined the interaction between MtbDnaB and MtbSSB, and suggested that MtbSSB assists in the loading of MtbDnaB on the DNA replication fork in M. tuberculosis. (ii) Supervising students in the research on nucleoid-associated protein and transcriptional regulation of M. tuberculosis.
1. Liu Y, Wang H, Cui T, Zhou X, Jia Y, Zhang H*, He ZG*. (2016) NapM, a new nucleoid-associated protein, broadly regulates gene expression and affects mycobacterial resistance to anti-tuberculosis drugs. Mol Microbiol. 101, 167-181. (* Correspondence Author)
2. Zhang H, Zhang Z, Yang J, He ZG. (2014) Functional characterization of DnaB helicase and its modulation by single-stranded DNA-binding protein in Mycobacterium tuberculosis. FEBS J. 281, 1256-1266.
3. Zhang H, Gao L, Zhang J, Li W, Yang M, Zhang H, Gao C, He ZG. (2014) A novel marRAB operon contributes to the rifampicin resistance in Mycobacterium smegmatis. PloS One. 9, e106016.
4. Du Y, Zhang H, He Y, Huang F, He ZG. (2012) Mycobacterium smegmatis Lsr2 physically and functionally interacts with a new flavoprotein involved in bacterial resistance to oxidative stress. J Biochem. 152, 479-486.
5. Zhang H, Tian Y, Liu Z, Huang F, Hu L, He ZG. (2011) Characterization of amino acid residues essential for tetramer formation and DNA-binding activity of ssDNA-binding protein of Mycobacterium tuberculosis. Biochemistry (Mosc). 76, 658-665.
6. Sun L, Zhang L, Zhang H, He ZG. (2011) Characterization of a bifunctional β-Lactamase/Ribonuclease and its interaction with a chaperone-like protein in the pathogen Mycobacterium tuberculosis H37Rv. Biochemistry (Mosc). 76, 350-358.
7. Wang Y, Cui T, Zhang C, Yang M, Huang Y, Li W, Zhang L, Gao C, He Y, Li Y, Huang F, Zeng J, Huang C, Yang Q, Tian Y, Zhao C, Chen H, Zhang H, He ZG. (2010) Global protein-protein interaction network in the human pathogen Mycobacterium tuberculosis H37Rv. J. Proteome. Res. 9, 6665–6677.
8. Li Y, Zeng J, Zhang H, He ZG. (2010) The characterization of conserved binding motifs and potential target genes for M. tuberculosis MtrAB reveals a link between the two-component system and the drug resistance of M. smegmatis. BMC Microbiol.10, 242.
9. Yang M, Gao C, Wang Y, Zhang H, He ZG. (2010) Characterization of the interaction and cross-regulation of three Mycobacterium tuberculosis RelBE modules. PLoS One, e10672.
10. Zhang H, Bi L, Li C, Sun Z, Deng J, Zhang XE. (2009) Mutations found in the pncA gene of Mycobacterium tuberculosis in clinical pyrazinamide-resistant isolates from a local region of China. J. Int. Med. Res. 37, 1430-1435.
11. Zhang H, Deng J, Bi L, Zhou Y, Zhang Z, Zhang C, Zhang Y. Zhang XE. (2008) Characterization of Mycobacterium tuberculosis nicotinamidase/pyrazinamidase. FEBS J. 275, 753-762.