Prokaryotes are threatened by viral invasion and armed with diverse immune systems, such as CRISPR-Cas, to defeat virus. We want to(1) understand how the immune systems degrade viral DNA and/or RNA to protect host, (2) reveal how the immune systems affect the competition between host and virus, (3) identify tool enzymes from prokaryotic immune systems.
2011.09 - 2015.05: PhD, Biology, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
2008.09 - 2011.07: MSc, Microbiology, Shandong University, China
2004.09 - 2008.07: BSc, Ecology, Shandong University, China
2018.09- present: Professor, Huazhong Agricultural University, China
2017.08 - 2018.01: Assistant professor, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
2015.08 - 2017.07: Postdoc, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
1. Tong Guo, Fan Zheng, Zhifeng Zeng, Yang Yang, Qi Li, Qunxin She, Wenyuan Han*. Cmr3 regulates the suppression on cyclic oligoadenylate synthesis by tag complementarity in a Type III-B CRISPR-Cas system. RNA Biol. 2019 Oct;16(10):1513-1520.
2. Wenyuan Han, Stefano Stella, Yan Zhang, Tong Guo, Karolina Sulek, Li Peng-Lundgren, Guillermo Montoya, Qunxin She*. A Type III-B Cmr effector complex catalyzes the synthesis of cyclic oligoadenylate second messengers by cooperative substrate binding. Nucleic Acids Res. 2018 Nov 2;46(19):10319-10330.
3. Tong Guo, Wenyuan Han*, Qunxin She*. Tolerance of Sulfolobus SMV1 virus to the immunity of I-A and III-B CRISPR-Cas systems in Sulfolobus islandicus. RNA Biol. 2019 Apr;16(4):549-556.
4. Wenyuan Han, Saifu Pan, Blanca Lopez-Mendez, Guillermo Montoya and Qunxin She. Allosteric regulation of Csx1, a type IIIB-associated CARF domain ribonuclease by RNAs carrying a tetraadenylate tail. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017 Oct 13;45(18):10740-10750.
5. Wenyuan Han, Yingjun Li, Ling Deng, Mingxia Feng, Wenfang Peng, S➢ren Hallstr➢m, Jing Zhang, Nan Peng, Yun Xiang Liang, Malcolm F. White and Qunxin She. A type III-B CRISPR-Cas effector complex mediating massive target DNA destruction. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017 Feb 28;45(4):1983-1993.
6. Wenyuan Han, Yanqun Xu, Xu Feng, Yun Xiang Liang, Li Huang, Yulong Shen and Qunxin She. NQO-induced DNA-less cell formation is associated with chromatin protein degradation and dependent on A0A1-ATPase in Sulfolobus. Front Microbiol. 2017 Aug 14;8:1480.
7. Wenyuan Han, Xu Feng and Qunxin She. Reverse gyrase functions in genome integrity maintenance by protecting DNA breaks in vivo. Int. J. Mol. Sci. 2017 Jun 22;18(7).
8. Wenyuan Han and Qunxin She. CRISPR history: discovery, characterization, application and prosperity. Prog Mol Biol Transl Sci. 2017;152:1-21.
9. Wenyuan Han, Yulong Shen and Qunxin She. Nanobiomotors of archaeal DNA repair machineries: current research status and application potential. Cell Biosci. 2014 Jun 25;4:32.
10. Pengjuan Liang, Wenyuan Han, Qihong Huang, Yanze Li, Jinfeng Ni, Qunxin She and Yulong Shen*. Knockouts of RecA-like proteins RadC1 and RadC2 have distinct responses to DNA damage agents in Sulfolobus islandicus. J Genet Genomics. 2013 Oct 20;40(10):533-42.