My research field is bioengineering and biotechnology. I focus on relationship between microorganism and environment, including soil and water. Relationship between algae and bacteria, eutrophie water treatment, and microbial control of aquaculture water are paid more attention. In addition, I’m interested in development of safe animal feed and microbiological functional food.
1982/09-1985/06，Institute of soil and fertilizer, Chinese academy of agricultural sciences, Master
1978/09-1982/06，Huazhong Agricultural University, bachelor
2011/05-，National engineering research center for microbial pesticides, Director; Microbiological products supervision, inspection and testing center of Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Areas (Wuhan)，Executive Deputy Director
2005/01--, College of Life Science and Technology, Huazhong Agricultural University, professor
1994/11--2004/12，College of Life Science and Technology, Huazhong Agricultural University, Associate professor
1985/07--1994/10，College of Life Science and Technology, Huazhong Agricultural University, Lecturer
1. Liu YY, Wang CR, Li JS, Mei YX, Liang YX*, Hypoglycemic and hypolipidemic effects of Phellinus Linteus mycelial extract from solid-state culture in a rat model of type 2 diabetes, Nutrients, 2019.1.30, 11(2): 296
2. Sun M, Feng X, Liu ZZ, Han WY, Liang YX*, She QX*, An Orc1/Cdc6 ortholog functions as a key regulator in the DNA damage response in archaea, Nucleic Acids Research, 2018, 46(13): 6697-6711
3. Zhang YT, Wang Z, Li DY, Zang WT, Zhu H, Wu PY, Mei YX*, Liang YX*, A polysaccharide from Antrodia cinnamomea mycelia exerts antitumor activity through blocking of TOP1/TDP1-mediated DNA repair pathway, International Journal of Biological Macromolecules, 2018, 120(PtB): 1551~1560
4. Li YJ, Pan SF, Zhang Y, Ren M, Feng MX, Peng N, Chen LM, Liang YX*, She QX*, Harnessing Type I and Type III CRISPR-Cas systems for genome editing. Nucleic Acids Research, 2016, 44(4):e34
5. Wang YG, Li B, Zhang XD, Peng N, Mei YX*, Liang YX*, Low molecular weight chitosan is an effective antifungal agent against Botryosphaeria sp. and preservative agent for pear (Pyrus) fruits, International Journal of Biological Macromolecules, 2016.11.3, 95: 1135~1143
6. Zhang ZT, Xie YJ, He XL, Li XL, Hu JL, Ruan ZYg, Zhao SM, Peng N *, Liang YX*, Comparison of high-titer lactic acid fermentation from NaOH- and NH3-H2O2-pretreated corncob by Bacillus coagulans using simultaneous saccharification and fermentation, Scientific reports, 2016,6:37245
7. Wu DX, Wang LC, Li YW, Zhao SM, Peng N, Liang YX*, Heterologous expression and characterization of a thermostable exo-beta-D-glucosaminidase from Aspergillus oryzae, Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology, 2016, 26(2):347-355
8. Mei YX, Dai XY, Yang W, Xu XW, & Liang YX*. Antifungal activity of chitooligosaccharides against the dermatophyte Trichophyton rubrum. International Journal of Biological Macromolecules, 2015, 77: 330-335.
9. Mei YX, Zhu H, Hu QM, Liu YY, Zhao SM, Peng N & Liang YX*. A novel polysaccharide from mycelia of cultured Phellinus linteus displays antitumor activity through apoptosis. Carbohydrate Polymers, 2015, 124: 90-97.
10. Mei YX, Yang W, Zhu, PX, Peng N, Zhu H, & Liang YX*. Isolation, characterization, and antitumor activity of a novel heteroglycan from cultured mycelia of Cordyceps sinensis. Planta Medica, 2014, 80(13): 1107-1112.
11. Mei YX, Chen HX, Zhang J, Zhang XD, Liang YX*. Protective effect of chitooligosaccharides against cyclophosphamide-induced immunosuppression in mice. International Journal of Biological Macromolecules, 2013, 62:330-335.
12. Ao X, Li YJ, Wang F, Feng MX, Lin YX, Zhao SM, Liang YX*, Nan Peng*. The Sulfolobus initiator element is an important contributor to promoter strength. Journal of Bacteriology, 2013, 195(22):5216-5222
13. Mei YX, Peng N, Zhao S, Hu Y, Wang H, Liang Y*, She Q*. Exceptional thermal stability and organic solvent tolerance of an esterase expressed from a thermophilic host. Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology, 2012, 93(5):1965-74.
14. Hu JL, Lin YX, Zhang Z, Xiang T, Mei, YX, Zhao SM, Liang YX & Peng N*. High-titer lactic acid production by Lactobacillus pentosus FL0421 from corn stover using fed-batch simultaneous saccharification and fermentation. Bioresource Technology, 2016, 214:74-80.
15. Hu J, Zhang Z, Lin Y, Zhao SM, Mei YX, Liang YX, & Peng N*. High-titer lactic acid production from NaOH-pretreated corn stover by Bacillus coagulans LA204 using fed-batch simultaneous saccharification and fermentation under non-sterile condition. Bioresource Technology, 2015,182: 251-257.
16. Hu Y, Peng N, Han W, Mei YX, Chen Z, Feng X, Liang YX*, She Q*. An archaeal proteinevolutionarily conserved in prokaryotes is a zinc-dependent metalloprotease. Bioscience Reports, 2012, 32(6):609-18.
17. Peng N, Deng L, Mei YX, Jiang D, Hu Y, Awayez M, Liang YX*, She QX*. A synthetic arabinose-inducible promoter confers high levels of recombinant protein expression in hyperthermophilic archaeon Sulfolobus islandicus. Applied Environmental Microbiology, 2012, 78(16).5630-5637.
18. Zhao SM, Huang J, Zhang CY, Deng L, Hu N, Liang YX*, High-level expression of an Aspergillus niger endo-β-1,4-glucanase in Pichia pastoris through gene codon optimization and synthesis. Journal of Microbiology Biotechnology, 2010, 20(3): 467-473