Applied microbiology and biological technology play important roles in biological research and industries. I focus on development of microbial resources, including functional saccharides (e.g. low-molecular-weight chitosan, chitooligosaccharides, and glucosamine), and active compounds from edible and medicinal fungi. Specially, structure, functions, and action mechanism of those microbial active molecules are paid more attention. I’m also interested in Genetic regulation of synthetic approaches, screening strains, and optimization of fermentation technologies.
2011.12, Ph.D., College of Life Science and Technology, Huazhong Agricultural University, P.R.China (Microbiology)
2017.10 - 2018.10 University of California-Davis, Visiting Scholar
2002.7 - College of Life Science and Technology, Huazhong Agricultural University, Lecturer/ Associate professor
1. Liu YY, Wang CR, Li JS, Li TT, Zhang Y, Liang YX, Mei YX *, Phellinus linteus polysaccharide extract improves insulin resistance by regulating gut microbiota composition, The FASEB Journal, 2019,11. DOI: 10.1096/fj.201901943RR.
2. Wang T, He H, Liu X, Liu C, Liang Y. Mei YX*, Mycelia polysaccharides of Lentinus edodes (shiitake mushroom) in submerged culture exert immunoenhancing effect macrophage cells via MAPK pathway. International Journal of Biological Macromolecules, 2019, 130: 745-754
3. Zhang YT, Li DY, Wang Z, Zang WT, Rao P, Liang YX, Mei YX*, Alpha-terpineol affects synthesis and antitumor activity of triterpenoids from Antrodia cinnamomea mycelia in solid-state culture, Food & Function, 2018, 9(12): 6517~6525
4. Zhang YT, Wang Z, Li DY, Zang WT, Zhu H, Wu PY, Mei YX*, Liang YX*, A polysaccharide from Antrodia cinnamomea mycelia exerts antitumor activity through blocking of TOP1/TDP1-mediated DNA repair pathway, International Journal of Biological Macromolecules, 2018, 120(PtB): 1551~1560
5. Li YL, Chen L, Liu YY, Zhang Y, Liang YX, Mei YX*, Anti-inflammatory effects in a mouse osteoarthritis model of a mixture of glucosamine and chitooligosaccharides produced by bi-enzyme single-step hydrolysis, Scientific Reports, 2018.4.4, 8(1): 5624
6. Wang YG, Li B, Zhang XD, Peng N, Mei YX*, Liang YX*, Low molecular weight chitosan is an effective antifungal agent against Botryosphaeria sp. and preservative agent for pear (Pyrus) fruits, International Journal of Biological Macromolecules, 2016.11.3, 95: 1135~1143
7. Liu YY, Wang CR, Li JS, Mei YX, Liang YX*, Hypoglycemic and hypolipidemic effects of Phellinus Linteus mycelial extract from solid-state culture in a rat model of type 2 diabetes, Nutrients, 2019.1.30, 11(2): 296
8. Mei YX, Dai XY, Yang W, Xu XW, & Liang YX*. Antifungal activity of chitooligosaccharides against the dermatophyte Trichophyton rubrum. International Journal of Biological Macromolecules, 2015, 77: 330-335.
9. Mei YX, Zhu H, Hu QM, Liu YY, Zhao SM, Peng N & Liang YX*. A novel polysaccharide from mycelia of cultured Phellinus linteus displays antitumor activity through apoptosis. Carbohydrate Polymers, 2015, 124: 90-97.
10. Mei YX, Yang W, Zhu, PX, Peng N, Zhu H, & Liang YX*. Isolation, characterization, and antitumor activity of a novel heteroglycan from cultured mycelia of Cordyceps sinensis. Planta Medica, 2014, 80(13): 1107-1112.
11. Mei YX, Chen HX, Zhang J, Zhang XD, Liang YX*. Protective effect of chitooligosaccharides against cyclophosphamide-induced immunosuppression in mice. International Journal of Biological Macromolecules, 2013, 62:330-335.
12. Mei YX, Peng N, Zhao S, Hu Y, Wang H, Liang YX*, She QX*. Exceptional thermal stability and organic solvent tolerance of an esterase expressed from a thermophilic host. Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology, 2012, 93(5):1965-74.
13. Hu JL, Lin YX, Zhang Z, Xiang T, Mei, YX, Zhao SM, Liang YX & Peng N*. High-titer lactic acid production by Lactobacillus pentosus FL0421 from corn stover using fed-batch simultaneous saccharification and fermentation. Bioresource Technology, 2016, 214:74-80.
14. Hu J, Zhang Z, Lin Y, Zhao SM, Mei YX, Liang YX, & Peng N*. High-titer lactic acid production from NaOH-pretreated corn stover by Bacillus coagulans LA204 using fed-batch simultaneous saccharification and fermentation under non-sterile condition. Bioresource Technology, 2015,182: 251-257.
15. Hu Y, Peng N, Han W, Mei YX, Chen Z, Feng X, Liang YX*, She QX*. An archaeal proteinevolutionarily conserved in prokaryotes is a zinc-dependent metalloprotease. Bioscience Reports, 2012, 32(6):609-18.
16. Peng N, Deng L, Mei YX, Jiang D, Hu Y, Awayez M, Liang YX*, She QX*. A synthetic arabinose-inducible promoter confers high levels of recombinant protein expression in hyperthermophilic archaeon Sulfolobus islandicus. Applied Environmental Microbiology, 2012, 78(16).5630-5637.