Award: the Second Class of National Natural Science Awards of China (2016) and First Class of Hubei NaturalScience Awards, Hubei Province (2003, 2011, 2015)
Genetic basis of rice yield and its components
Cloning of major QTLs for rice yield and heading date
Molecular mechanisms of for rice yield related traits and heading date
Ecosystem adaptation of rice and breeding design
1996－1999 PhD, Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, Huazhong Agricultural University
1993－1996 Master, Molecular breeding, Hunan Agricultural University
1988－1992 B. A., Hubei Agricultural College
2006- Professor in Genetics, Huazhong Agricultural University, China
2003.9-2006.10 Project Scientist, Danish Institute of Agricultural Science (Aarhus University) Denmark
1999.7-2006.12 Assistant and Associate Professor in Genetics, Huazhong Agricultural University, China
1992.7-1993.8 Technician, Vegetable Office of Shiyan City Hubei
1. Yong Hu, Shuangle Li, Yongzhong Xing* Lessons from natural variations: artificially induced heading date variations for improvement of regional adaptation in rice. Theor Appl Genet, 2019, 132: 383-394.
2. Bo Zhang, Haiyang Liu, Feixiang Qi, Zhanyi Zhang, Qiuping Li, Zhongmin Han and Yongzhong Xing*. Genetic interactions among Ghd7, Ghd8, OsPRR37 and Hd1 contribute to large variation in heading date in rice. Rice, 2019, 12: 48.
3. Haiyang Liu, Song Song, Yongzhong Xing* Beyond heading time: FT-like genes and spike development in cereals. J EXP Botany, 2019, 70: 1-3.
4. Haijiao Dong, Hu Zhao, Shuangle Li, Zhongmin Han, Gaiyu Yang, Gang Hu, Weibo Xie and Yongzhong Xing*. GWAS revealed that members of bHLH subfamily 16 share a conserved function in regulating flag leaf angle in rice (Oryza sativa). PLoS Genetics, 2018, 14: e1007323.
5. Song Song, Guanfeng Wang, Yong Hu, Haiyang Liu, Xufeng Bai, Rui Qin, Yongzhong Xing*. OsMFT1 is regulated by Ghd7 and OsLFL1 to increases spikelets per panicle and delays heading date in rice. J Exp Botany, 2018, 69: 4283-4293.
6. Xufeng Bai, Yong Huang, Yong Hu, Haiyang Liu, Bo Zhang, Cezary Smaczniak, Gang Hu, Zhongmin Han and Yongzhong Xing*. Duplication of the upstream silencer of FZP increases grain yield. Nature Plants, 2017, 3:885-893.
7. Haijiao Dong, Hu Zhao, WeiboXie, Zhongmin Han, Guangwei Li, Wen Yao, XufengBai, Yong Hu, ZilongGuo, Kai Lv, Lin Yang and Yongzhong Xing*. Three tiller angle genes of TAC1, TAC3and D2 largely determine the ideal plant architecture in rice (Oryza sativa) cultivars. PLOS Genet, 2016, 12: e1006412.
8. Qiuping Li, Wenhao Yan, huaxia Chen, Cong Tan, Zhongmin Han, WenYao, Guangwen Li, Meiqi Yuan, Yongzhong Xing*. Duplication of OsHAP family genes and their association with heading date in rice. J EXP Botany, 2016, 67: 1759–1768.
9. Jia Zhang※, Xiangchun Zhou※, Wenhao Yan※, Zhanyi Zhang, Li Lu, Zhongmin Han, Hu Zhao, Haiyang Liu, Pan Song, Yong Hu, GuojingShen, Qin He, SibinGuo, GuoqingGao, Gongwei Wang, Yongzhong Xing*. Combinations of the Ghd7, Ghd8 and Hd1 genes largely define the ecogeographical adaptation and yield potential of cultivated rice. New Phytologist, 2015, 28: 1056–1066.
10. Wenhao Yan, Haiyang Liu, Xiangchun Zhou, Qiuping Li, Jia Zhang, Li Lu, Touming Liu, Haijun Liu, Chengjun Zhang, Zhanyi Zhang, GuojingShen, Wen Yao, Huaxia Chen, Sibin Yu, WeiboXie, Yongzhong Xing*. Natural variation in Ghd7.1 plays important roles in grain yield and adaptation in rice. Cell Res, 2013, 23: 969-971.
11. Li Lu, Di Shao, WenhaoYan, Xiangchun Zhou, Lin Yang, Yongzhong Xing*. Natural variation and artificial selection in four genes determinegrain shape in rice. New Phytologist, 2013, 200: 1269–1280.
12. WenhaoYan, Peng Wang, Huaxia Chen, Hongju Zhou, Qiuping Li, Chongrong Wang, Zehong Ding, Yushan Zhang, Sibin Yu*, Yongzhong Xing*, Qifa Zhang. A major QTL, Ghd8, plays pleiotropic roles in regulating grainproductivity, plant height andheading date in rice. Mol plant, 2011, 4: 319-330.
13. Yongzhong Xing and Qifa Zhang. Genetic and Molecular Bases of Rice Yield. Annu Rev Plant Biol, 2010, 61: 421-42.
14. Chuchuan Fan, Sibin Yu, Chongrong Wang, Yongzhong Xing*. A causal C-A mutation in the second exon of GS3 highly associated with rice grain length and validated as a functional marker. Theor Appl Genet, 2009, 118: 465-472.
15. WeiyaXue, Yongzhong Xing (co-first), XiaoyuWeng, Yu Zhao, Weijiang Tang, Lei Wang, Hongju Zhou, Sibin Yu, CaiguoXu, Xianghua Li, Qifa Zhang. Natural variation in Ghd7 is an important regulator of heading date and yield potential in rice. Nature Genetics, 2008, 40: 761-767.